PRIVACY AND COOKIE STATEMENT
De Haan Group B.V.
Van Harenstraat 10
5145 RJ WAALWIJK
T: +31 (0)416-279370
This privacy and cookie statement also applies to IS Displays B.V. and de Haan Retail Supportgroep B.V. (hereinafter jointly referred to as: De Haan). De Haan is committed to safeguarding your privacy and the protection of your personal data in the performance of its (inter)national activities in retail support, the supply of (shelving) material, interior furnishings and product presentations. The prevailing privacy legislation is observed with regard to the processing of personal data by De Haan (www.dehaangroup.nl and https://marktplaats.dehaangroup.nl).
The protection of your (personal) data is essential to De Haan and appropriate measures are taken to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised changes. Please contact us if you believe that your (personal) data are not properly secured or in case of any indications of abuse.
Personal data processing
By using the services of De Haan, you will leave your (personal) data with De Haan. On the contact page on www.dehaangroup.nl you can enter your name, telephone number and e-mail address (as well as any additional personal data in the open field). These data are requested to enable us to contact you. De Haan has a legitimate interest with respect to this.
If you respond to a vacancy for a position at De Haan and enclose your curriculum vitae, De Haan will process these data for the purpose of conducting the application procedure.
De Haan only processes personal data if a statutory basis is available with respect to this. At De Haan, the legal bases below are in any case available in the following situations:
- Required for the performance of an agreement. This includes the processing of personal data for the execution of the agreement we have concluded with you. We also need the personal data to maintain contact with you with respect to our services. Under the agreement, we process personal data in our software system and correspond with third parties (e.g. suppliers) where necessary.
- Required for the fulfilment of a legal obligation. This includes, for example, tax retention periods for certain data on behalf of the tax authorities, such as invoices.
- With the consent of the person(s) involved. This may include sending mailings, newsletters and placing photos on the website or on social media channels on which those involved can be identified. If you leave your contact details via our contact page, you give us permission to contact you. If you respond to a vacancy for a position at De Haan and enclose your curriculum vitae, De Haan will process these data for the purpose of conducting the application procedure. Your data will be removed in time after the application procedure has been completed. Finally, with respect to our marketplace, we may pass on your personal data to (a) buying or selling party or parties. By filling in your contact details on the website of our market place (https://marktplaats.dehaangroup.nl) with the product concerned, or by having your product placed by De Haan, you give us permission to pass on your personal details to the selling/buying party.
- Legitimate interest. This may include the protection of our intellectual property rights (infringement of a property right), fulfilling our duty of care to customers and employees, commercial purposes and processing for network and information security purposes.
De Haan does not retain your (personal) data longer than needed for the purposes for which they are processed, unless it is required to fulfil legal obligations. For most administrative (personal) data and documents, a retention period of at least 7 years applies, for example, on the basis of tax legislation.
De Haan will handle your personal data with care and will not provide any personal data to third parties, unless De Haan is obliged to do so on the basis of the law or if the provision is necessary, for example, to provide the service you have requested or to inform you. As part of the provision of services, De Haan uses various digital systems in which personal data of those involved are processed, such as a system for e-mail traffic, personnel management, invoicing and orders. Agreements have been made with organisations that offer the aforementioned systems in order to safeguard your personal data. De Haan is not responsible or liable for the manner in which third parties handle your (personal) data.
Personal data transfers
Your personal data may be shared with parties established outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In those situations, De Haan will ensure that the transfer takes place in such a way that the requirements set out in the General Data Protection Regulation are fulfilled.
Please note that our website may contain links to other websites (hyperlinks). This privacy and cookie statement does not apply to linked websites. De Haan is not liable for any security incidents resulting from the use of the hyperlinks.
Through our website you can also access social media, such as LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube. These parties may place cookies on your computer when you are referred through our website. We have no control of this. Further information about these cookies can be found on the relevant websites, such as LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
Cookies and passive tracking
- make the website suited to your interests;
- make the basic functionality of the website work properly;
- generate user statistics on an anonymous basis to make the website more user-friendly.
De Haan uses this information to analyse the traffic on our website, to view both the page views and the time spent on each page and to serve you better when you return to our website. It is not our intention to use such information to identify any user personally. This information is collected in an aggregate and anonymous form. You have the opportunity to configure your Internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. Furthermore, you have the possibility to block all cookies. However, please note that if you reject or otherwise block cookies, you may not be able to use all the functions available on the website. Certain parts of the website may not work if you block cookies. De Haan does not use tracking cookies.
Questions and rights
Would you like to inspect the personal data that we process or would you like to receive your (personal) data (under data portability) or have it rectified, amended, supplemented or deleted? Please submit your request through the contact details below.
In certain cases, you also have the right to object to processing or to restrict processing. In response to your request, we may ask you to identify yourself adequately through proof of identity. To do so, we will ask you to make your photo, MRZ (Machine Readable Zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the ID card), document or passport number and BSN unrecognisable. We may also ask for further information to enable us to fulfil your request, such as sending you documentation.
We will respond to your request for inspection, receipt, rectification, amendment, deletion, objection and restriction within a reasonable period of time. This reasonable period will be no later than four weeks after receipt of your request, identification and any additional documentation. Under certain circumstances, we are entitled to extend the deadline by up to two months. Our response may be a confirmation that your request has been complied with or a reasoned refusal.
The above requests can be sent to email@example.com or by letter to the following postal address: Van Harenstraat 10, 5145 RJ WAALWIJK.
At De Haan, you are not subject to automated decision-making.
Filing a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Personal Data Authority if you suspect that your personal data is not being processed in accordance with the applicable privacy legislation.
De Haan reserves the right to change the privacy and cookie statement at any time. These changes will be announced on De Haan’s website. The latest version can be found on our website. We advise you to regularly check this web page to check if any changes have been made. De Haan may process your personal data for new purposes not yet mentioned in this statement, as long as these purposes are in line with the purpose for which the data were collected. In that case we will inform you of the changes and give you the opportunity to refuse the use of your data for those purposes.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.